Are you a veterinarian looking for adventure, excitement and a new opportunity? We would love for you to check out our “Great” opportunity in Great Falls, Montana! What puts the “Great” in Great Falls, Montana? Well, besides being centrally located in the state, it is known as the Western Art capital of the world. We have ten museums, more than any city in Montana, including a children’s interactive museum, the famous C.M. Russell, and the Lewis & Clark Interpretive Museum. It is also known as the “Electric City” for the hydroelectric dams that are each run by the falls of the mighty Missouri River which runs through our fair town. There are breathtaking views all around us from the many nature trails where you can walk, jog, hike or bike. The River’s Edge Trail follows the Missouri for 60 miles, connecting historical districts, cultural attractions, and natural areas like Giant Spring State Park. There you’ll find Roe River, the shortest river in the world, as well as one of the largest freshwater springs in the country. If you like the outdoors, we have a wide variety of activities such as skiing, with several ski areas within driving distance, to hunting, fishing, hiking, and much more.
We are lucky to have an Air Force base on the outskirts of town to the east. Malmstrom AFB has been an important part of the community since 1942 and has provided a symbiotic relationship with it’s members bringing more business and integrating into our way of life. Montana does not have a sales tax, so the price you see is what you pay. Great Falls is often described as a “cowboy version of Mayberry” offering a small-town experience with all the modern amenities. We welcome newcomers and look forward to showing people the wonders of Great Falls and Montana. Come see what the ‘Big Sky Country’ has to offer!
We are looking for a licensed, industry, veterinarian with a strong interest and aptitude in providing care for livestock animals and provide our clients with comprehensive advice on matters of animal health. As the lead veterinarian, specimen preparations, lab results analysis & interpretation, researching responsive pharmaceutical and/or nutraceutical remedies for unique and specific health challenges of these species mentioned are critical for our client base to ensure optimum production performance. We are looking for a veterinarian that will work closely with our in-house nutritionist to provide our clients with the health and nutritional needs to increase the productivity of their animals. In a comprehensive approach as a health professional, nutrition and production protocols are required to be assessed and verified on-farm. The frequency of visits by company-supplied vehicle depends on each individual farm but could vary between monthly to quarterly to annually.
Reporting to the company, certification and verifications of feed ingredients, pharmaceuticals and nutraceuticals used to adhere to strict production parameters and protocols to meet consumer demands and product labeling claims as set out by the USDA or FDA. Providing customers with veterinary feed directives (VFD) and prescriptions for additional products needed on their operation. The goal is to contribute to the maintenance of a client’s animal production constitution thus delivering value to our organization by strengthening our reputations
- Evaluate the needs of livestock animals by assessing their health, density, movement, markets, feed sources, water quality, shipping and handling etc.
- Evaluate health, treatments, withdrawals, prescriptions, related to livestock production.
- Set clear objectives and provide support to clients to help them in their animal production progress.
- Attend trade shows to connect with clients and other industry professionals.
- Be able to asses’ animals in an on-farm setting as well as work with nutritionist to provide sound advice for the production needs of their animals.
- MUST be willing to relocated to Great Falls, Montana.
- Must be able to be fully licensed as a DVM in the state of Montana.
- Willing to work with and around livestock animals (i.e. swine, poultry, beef, and dairy)
- Proven experience as scientist. Specifically, in animal health.
- Taking great care in providing the livestock producer clients the knowledge and skills to deliver healthy meat to consumers.
- Strong understanding on feed additives, antibiotics, veterinary feed directives, and withdrawal periods for all prescribed.
- Thorough understanding of biochemistry and animal physiology.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creativity and critical thinking.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Possible Ownership of the Veterinarian Clinic
Benefits: Medical, vision, and dental insurance, retirement plan, paid time off, and relocation is negotiable.
All customers are required to protect themselves and the professional service provider from transmission of covid-19 by wearing a face covering and keeping a minimum of 6 feet away from each other. Also frequent washing of hands and disinfection.
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Thank you for your time! We look forward to hearing from you!