Freshly Weaned Calves
Our Sapphire vitamins and minerals are designed for freshly weaned calves.
Friesen Nutrition Inc.’s Sapphire vitamins and minerals are designed for freshly weaned calves.
Sapphire Mineral Formula provides additional vitamins and minerals for freshly weaned steers and heifers during times when stress is high and feed intakes are low leading to decreased immune function and malnourishment.
This supplement provides adequate minerals to improve immune response to reduce severity of bovine respiratory disease. This supplement intake is low, but the vitamins and minerals provided are in high concentrations to aid in reducing deficiencies.
It is recommended to feed Sapphire to calves 3 to 4 days prior to weaning and for 14 to 21 days after weaning in a loose mineral, molasses based lick tub, or a salt lick.
- Designed for freshly weaned calves
- Prevents deficiencies due to decreased feed intakes
- Improves immune response
- Calcium to phosphorus ration 2.0:1
- Weather resistant/No dust or set-up
- Ensures consistent consumption
- Higher availability for enhanced breeding performance /helps counteract performance problems due to abnormal mineral interactions (tie-ups)
- No need for additional salt Vitamins and minerals needed for immune response
- It is recommended to feed Sapphire at a rate of 0.60 ounce per 100 pounds of body weight.
- This rate can be adjusted by your nutritionist based on the nutrient status of your herd.
- Please provide adequate, fresh, clean water to cattle at all times.
WARNING: This supplement is formulated for ruminant animals only. Please do not feed to sheep, goats, or horses.
Each color represents a specially designed product because beef nutrition is not black and white. Our formulas are designed to meet the health and breeding requirements of your herd and contain balanced micro and trace minerals to supplement available forage for different times of the year.
Ask your Friesen nutrition representative how the FNI imPact mineral program can help.
FNI imPact Mineral Program
Friesen Nutrition Inc.’s imPact vitamin and mineral supplement packages are designed to match the nutritional needs of your operation depending on quality forage availability and quality, cattle health, and environment factors impacting the nutrient status of your herd.
Our year-round supplementation program provides unique nutrition to cows, first time heifers, growing and mature bulls, freshly weaned calves, and stocker calves.
Our formulas are designed to meet the health and reproduction needs to reduce nutrient deficiencies while improving animal efficiency and performance.
Supplements included in this package are a coarse granular form that can be formulated for free choice mineral, molasses-based lick tubs, lick cubes, or a well-balanced ration formulated based on your operation.